I know I am a week late on this post. I tried ever so hard to get it done and posted last week but unfortunately things did not go as planned. Being down on temporary bed rest is surprisingly unconducive to doing… well anything, but even writing up a post around my giant baby bump while staying reclined with my feet up proved to be enough of a pain in the behind that I called it quits until I was up and around again. Well, up and around I am, but who knows for how long so hopefully my little blog doesn’t suffer too much. Anyways, onwards!
This stuff is cereal candy crack! My Grandma Sondie has been making this since before I was born. It was my Uncle’s favorite treat as a kid and it has just trickled down through the generations.
9 cups Fruity Pebbles
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Corn Syrup
2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup Dry Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1. In a large saucepan combine the Sugar and Corn Syrup. You can buy a 16 oz. bottle of corn syrup and then you don’t even have to measure it out, just pour the whole bottle in with the sugar.
2. Mix these over medium heat until creamy.
3. Add the dry milk. Again, if you just buy a little 3.2 oz pckg you can just dump the whole thing in.
4. Mix over medium heat until creamy.
5. Remove from heat and add creamy peanut butter. You can buy an 18 oz bottle of peanut butter and just empty it all in. It’s ok that it is not exact. Also, I put my peanut butter in the microwave for about a minute first, so it is nice and smooth and easy to add to the mixture. NOTE: Make sure you remove all the tinfoil from the top of the PB jar before you put it in the microwave.
6. Stir until mixed and add vanilla.
7. Pour in all your cereal and start mixing it all together. This part gets difficult especially as the mixture starts to cool, so you will want to work fast and make sure that you are incorporating all the mixture from the bottom in with the cereal.
8. Pour your mixture out onto an ungreased cookie sheet. This stuff comes up really easy so you don’t have to worry about it getting stuck to the cookie sheet.
9. Flatten your mixture out, it should cover most of the cookie sheet.
And there you have it! The BEST Cereal Candy EVER! I know it doesn’t look super appetizing, but I promise you, it is magical and it never lasts long!